About Us

Tuesday, February 19, 2013

Valentine's Day

Last year for Valentine's, I was suckered lured by a deal to buy these custom Valentine photo cards. The results weren't bad, and Evan almost cooperated enough that I got a few decent photos (complete with some limb chops, but I'm pretty sure Evan's classmates didn't care). I decided against doing photo cards this year. The expense and effort for what more than likely would be destroyed in less than 10 seconds to get to the candy did not seem worth it. But I still wanted to take some photos. I decided to take the lazy easy route and go outside. Better lighting. More fun for Evan. We had one nice day of weather so we went to the backyard and tacked a heart garland to the fence. Evan was supposed to stand away from the fence for the nice bokeh (blurry) heart background. Ever try to plan with a 4.5 year old? Mmm hmm. First he wanted to hold the stapler. Then the dog. Then his big wheel. Mercy, kid. So this is what I got in under 10 minutes, start to finish. You know what? He smiled. I'm happy.





Half Superman, half blowing kisses.



1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Oh, it's still adorable. See, I used a cupcake as a reward for mine, and also told her about it days beforehand, so the cupcake was that much more of a delayed gratification prize. But again, getting a real smile is WONDERFUL. Love the idea & execution, Happy (late) V-day!