About Us

Tuesday, February 26, 2013

Bowling 101

What was supposed to be a quick trip to Ohio for a birthday dinner for Dan's stepmom turned into an impromptu bowling trip for the kids. Evan adores his cousins, especially the female ones. I have to admit, it's pretty awesome when he's around them because he's completely entertained. They dote on him. He laps it up. Win win. The girls were going bowling after dinner and once Evan caught wind of this, well, the deal was sealed. That or we endure the tantrums of a 4 year old for the 2 hour ride home. This was Evan's first bowling experience, and he had a blast.

As gross as bowling shoes are, I have to admit, the teeny tiny toddler versions are pretty cute.

Photo & Video Sharing by SmugMug

Photo & Video Sharing by SmugMug

Photo & Video Sharing by SmugMug

Photo & Video Sharing by SmugMug
Photo note: It was really dark, as most bowling alleys are. To give you an indication of just how dark, notice how dilated their eyes are here. I didn't want to use my flash so I decided to push the camera's ISO limits and deal with the rest in post.

This was the *only* picture I got of all four kids. I had to see if I could save it. This is the before/after in color, followed by the b/w conversion.

Photo & Video Sharing by SmugMug

Photo & Video Sharing by SmugMug

I came so close to buying a camera upgrade last week that I've been waiting and saving for for two years. Fate - and a 10 year old car on its last leg - had other plans. As I am often reminded, but which is little consolation in the moment: First world problems.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

So fun! Love these.

Anonymous said...

Nice save! Yeah, high ISOs, I'll admit, are wonderful. IF you are like me & like to use them. :)