About Us

Thursday, May 14, 2015

The Little Gentleman Gets a Haircut

Connor's hair is more curly than Evan's was at the same age. Like mine, it's curlier in the back than the front as well, which would make for an awesome 80's 'do. Many mornings he will sit with me while I get ready for work, and like most toddlers he wants to imitate what the adults are doing. This was the morning in February when I realized I should probably get him a haircut.

Photo & Video Sharing by SmugMug

That, or he'd make an excellent pirate for next Halloween. I'm not a fan of baby buzzcuts, and even prefer a little bit of moppyness (is that a word?) on toddler boys, so it took me a few more weeks after that picture was taken to finally schedule a haircut.

I took him to see the stylist both Evan and I go to (and the mom of one of Evan's classmates). Taylor is great - she has three kids herself so she can handle fidgety boys. NOT that she needed to. Connor was the perfect client. I took Evan with me to get a haircut as well and maybe watching him helped, because after Evan was finished, Connor sat in the seat - by himself - for the entire haircut. No fidgeting, no fussing, no crying.

Watching big brother...

Photo & Video Sharing by SmugMug
On a side note, you can really see Evan's blonde spot on the back of his head whenever he gets a haircut.

Connor was perfectly behaved from beginning to end - only the occasional coy smile crept on to his serious little face. When all was said and done he kept his curls.









No comments: