About Us

Wednesday, November 12, 2014

Big Changes

I don't think I've ever taken a two month hiatus from posting something on the blog, but I've also never moved my entire family before either. We'd had our home listed off and on for a year and a half. There was interest and even offers, but either the market wasn't in our favor or we couldn't find something we wanted to move into, so we had been off the market since before Connor was born. Always looking though. Last Spring we found a house we loved, put an offer on it, and it was subsequently taken off the market by the sellers. It was hard because then every house we looked at after that became a comparison to THE house. But we trudged on and found another one that was really nice, in a good neighborhood, and in the school district we liked. I'm so glad I hesitated because it went pending, then had inspection issues, so that saved us some trouble.

In September, right before Connor's birthday, THE house went back on the market. I contacted my realtor immediately and after a cursory showing, I made another offer contingent on the sale of our house. That caused no small degree of heartburn given our sales luck, but we got to a deal and had to list our house. The stars aligned, I guess, because three days in we had our first showing, followed by an offer. A few days of back and forth negotiations, but we sold our house in under a week. The most peculiar part of the whole deal was that the showing occurred via Facetime! The buyers didn't even see the house in person until the inspection.

So a month later we moved. Oh my, what an ordeal. I've moved myself before, but a whole family is no small task. I'm still unpacking and probably will be for a while, but it's coming together. We love the new place. LOVE.

But I've barely taken any pictures. One, I'm tired. Really tired. Two, when not tired, I'm unpacking, or fixing, or yard work(ing). :) But we are settling in, meeting our neighbors, and adjusting.

These are some of the last photos I took at the old house. As much as I love our new house, it was hard to leave our old one. I put nine years of love into this house, buying it when I was single and dreaming about how I'd make it mine. Then it welcomed us home as a married couple, and again as new parents. It's the first home for both of our boys. It was especially hard for me to leave the nursery I put so much effort into and first rocked my babies in. But life goes on and I know we'll make new memories in our new house.

Photo & Video Sharing by SmugMug

Photo & Video Sharing by SmugMug

Photo & Video Sharing by SmugMug



Lots of bath photos the last week. The only time the boys were contained and I couldn't pack!

Photo & Video Sharing by SmugMug

Photo & Video Sharing by SmugMug

I was concerned about Evan's transition, especially when he'd tell me he didn't want to move from "the only home I've ever known." But he's done very well. It helps that he already has friends in the new neighborhood.

Photo & Video Sharing by SmugMug



We did one last walk through of the old house and took some iPhone photos.

One of the few times we've ever taken a selfie.

Photo & Video Sharing by SmugMug

Sitting with my boys in the corner of the nursery where the rocker sat.

Photo & Video Sharing by SmugMug


This might have made me monumentally emotional, but you know, my boys help me keep some perspective...



Lots of good memories...



And new ones to make!

Photo & Video Sharing by SmugMug
[iPhone shot by Evan]

No comments: