About Us

Thursday, July 10, 2014

Kindergarten Graduation / Last Day of School / Spring Concert

I'm a little out of order in posting these, but trying to catch up on two months of life. Summer is in full swing and we are busy!

It's hard to believe my baby will be going to 1st Grade in the fall. Well, not fall, but three weeks! The new balanced schedule our school corp adopted means the kids' summer breaks are much shorter (and other breaks are longer).

His school held Kindergarten graduation. I posted on Facebook about how difficult it was to enjoy it because of the sea of iPhones, cameras, and yes, even full size iPads, that parents now hold up in order to capture every moment rather than just enjoy it. It took me a while to just let it go, but I had to. I do plan on voicing my opinion as a PTA member to make these things device free for future classes.

I took this one from the side, when parents were called forward to take photos.

Photo & Video Sharing by SmugMug

And afterwards caught this photo with his teacher, Mrs. McKinney.



For comparison, here's a side-by-side of his first day and last day of school.

Photo & Video Sharing by SmugMug

I don't think the differences here are too obvious. Three teeth (now four) lost. Confidence gained. That confidence came shining through in the children's spring music concert at our church. He had a speaking role, singing, and my personal favorite, his flair for percussion.

Photo & Video Sharing by SmugMug







Photo & Video Sharing by SmugMug

No comments: