About Us

Monday, August 5, 2013

Vacation: Part 2

After Columbia, we drove on to Charleston. I was a little worried because the forecast called for almost constant rain. But we lucked out in that there were breaks of sun most days. We were about to take Evan to see a movie when the skies cleared, so we hopped on a boat to Ft. Sumter. Evan's first boat ride too!

Photo & Video Sharing by SmugMug



Yes, they intentionally dress in the same color quite often. It's ridiculously cute now, and I'm sure will be a point of embarrassment in Evan's teen years.



The boat to Sumter happens to take off from Patriot's Point, where the USS Yorktown is located. Evan spied the giant aircraft carrier covered in big military planes and was in boy mecca. Since I'd seen it before when I was in Charleston for a wedding about 10 years earlier, the boys did most of the exploring, but I did take a few pictures.

I'm pretty sure my parents might have one of me and my brother as kids in this plane (or a similar one).





Photo & Video Sharing by SmugMug

The next day we explored downtown Charleston. This was the day I discovered just how much fun southern heat and humidity and being 30 weeks pregnant really is. The afternoon rain was a welcome reprieve. And these two jokesters made it bearable.

Photo & Video Sharing by SmugMug

Photo & Video Sharing by SmugMug





No comments: