About Us

Tuesday, December 11, 2012

How I Almost Became a Vegetarian (Again)

We went to visit Dan's family for Thanksgiving this year. Since we live a few hours away it limits what I can bring for the actual meal, so I opted to bring wine and was recruited to help cook. I'm totally fine with that because Dan's mom, Fran, is an awesome cook and I could use the training.

Evan also got in on the food prep, helping to peel tangerines and pluck grapes for the fruit bowl. He loves to help in the kitchen. He also loves watching the Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade with his Poppy.

Photo & Video Sharing by SmugMug

I thought my sous chef responsibiliities were going pretty well, up until it came time to stuff the turkey. It's been nearly 20 years since I was a vegetarian, but I just couldn't do it. I think I'd used up my daily quota of toughness picking the meat off of some unknown bones for the stock. I love my mother-in-law. She was totally cool about it.

Evan smiled for one pre-dinner picture.



And Dan staged an American family dinner feud. Notice how his brother just ignores him. Ha!



Happy Thanksgiving!

No comments: