About Us

Friday, December 28, 2012

Christmas Eve Celebrations

For the past few years, my family has gotten together on Christmas Eve to celebrate, eat a fabulous dinner, and exchange gifts. You'd expect a family with three boys - ages 9, 4, and 3 - to have those moments in the movies where the kids tear through the gifts in under three minutes. OK, maybe I just expected that of Evan. Oddly enough he had to warm up to the idea. He helped his grandma open her gifts (this happened at both my parents and Dan's) first.

Photo & Video Sharing by SmugMug

I'd like to think it was one of those perfectly angelic gestures of unselfishness, but I'm not biting that fruitcake. Despite his theatrics for a small crowd, he is considerably more shy in front of groups of people.

Photo & Video Sharing by SmugMug

He opened gifts, as long as he was in someone's lap.



Dan has an understudy.

Photo & Video Sharing by SmugMug



After all the unwrapping was done, despite all the new toys, they proceeded to play my circa 1980s Pac Man card game.

Photo & Video Sharing by SmugMug

Then I caught my mom and her sister reminiscing about their childhood Christmases. Maybe one day Evan will remember this one?



1 comment:

Heidi said...

Beautiful pictures of beautiful people. I can see that Evan adores your mom. And he looks so handsome!