About Us

Saturday, August 25, 2012

Happy Birthday, Dan!

For the past couple of years when Dan has asked me what I want for my birthday, my answer has been, "a clean house." And he's pretty much delivered. Not always BY my birthday, but you know, in the same month. I know, I know, I should ask for something more sparkly or pampering, but if you could see into the past, trust me, this is a better ask.

Dan has the good fortune of having a birthday two months after mine and you know what? He's never once asked me to clean the house for him. Why is that? I'll let the internet universe ponder on that one for a while. All I know is that if it weren't for his birthday, he'd still be wearing the same clothes he had when we met nearly eight years ago. Marriage apparently renders a man unable to buy his own clothes. The tragic part is that I didn't pick up that mantle (for the most part). I read Betty Friedan in college. I just couldn't let four years at university learning to be independent and stubborn, plus another three trying to figure out how to break through the glass ceiling go to waste, now could I? I should think not.

What did I do after getting up on my proverbial soapbox and roaring? I bought Dan a shirt for his birthday. But, but, but, I say! I ALSO bought him this truly nerdalicious board game. It won the 2004 Spiel des Jahres in Germany!

Truth be told, I just don't do well shopping for clothes for other people. I have a hard enough time filling my own closet.

As it turns out, Dan is pretty easy to please. He looks a little nervous here though, doesn't he?

Photo & Video Sharing by SmugMug

Guess what Dan got from my parents? They match!

Photo & Video Sharing by SmugMug

Photo & Video Sharing by SmugMug

Like father, like son.

Photo & Video Sharing by SmugMug

Happy Birthday, Dan. We love you!

Photo & Video Sharing by SmugMug



No comments: