About Us

Wednesday, February 1, 2012

Party People

This weekend was full of milestone birthday celebrations. My brother and mother-in-law share the same birthday. I won't mention their respective numbers, because I like my MIL and don't need to get on her bad side, and if I mention Aaron's, well, then the countdown begins for me! NOOOOOOO!

Thankfully their parties were on separate days so we got to attend both.

My SIL, Andie, the party planner extraordinaire, and my adorable nephew, Liam. Could they look more alike?

Photo & Video Sharing by SmugMug

The birthday boy.

Photo & Video Sharing by SmugMug

And the little boys posing for the split second I had to take a picture.

Photo & Video Sharing by SmugMug

The next day we drove to Ohio for Fran's surprise party. It was held at her neighbor's house, and Fran was home so we all had to hide our cars at the park and sneak in quietly. Have you ever tried to keep a 3 year old quiet? Believe it or not, she was surprised and we had a great time.

Photo & Video Sharing by SmugMug

Photo & Video Sharing by SmugMug



Photo & Video Sharing by SmugMug

Fran, and the awesome party planner, Joyce.



Joyce was relentless in her good-natured teasing of Fran last week for her birthday. Notice the special "birthday chair." I wonder if she knows that old saying about paybacks?

Photo & Video Sharing by SmugMug



Photo & Video Sharing by SmugMug

Photo & Video Sharing by SmugMug

Photography notes:

For the b/w shot of the two little boys I didn't have a flash, so I cranked up my ISO to 2000. Then I made a rookie mistake and left it there for most of Fran's party. Thankfully I was able to fix most of the noise in Photoshop, but man I wish I'd noticed it earlier.

The three b/w photos were all processed using different software - LR4 beta, LR3, and PSE9, respectively. So the styles might be slightly different. I can't decide which process I like to use more.

3 comments:

Andie Zimmerman said...

Extraordinaire? Ha! Feels like it! I should start a party planning business as much as I plan events. ;)
I'm a little partial to the one of us, but I absolutely LOVE the one of Fran and Evan. These are all great captures! Looks like everyone had a blast!

Jen O. said...

Thanks, Andie! Those were my two favorite shots as well.

Glinda said...

Looks like a blast was had by all. I also love the one of Fran & Evan, and also like its conversion the best if that means anything. ;) Although sometimes it's about the photo itself more than the conversion, and it makes a good B&W!