About Us

Tuesday, January 17, 2012

New Year, New Look, New (ish) Photos

I decided to change up the look of the blog. Truth be told, I decided this months ago, but just didn't have the time to make it happen. I had the best of intentions over holiday break - the first time in 10+ years I can remember taking the entire block from Christmas Eve to New Year's Day off. It was glorious. Mostly. I was also going to work out every day. And plan fun, brain-boosting activities every day with Evan. I went to the gym once, and Evan and I ate cake.

Look how cute this cake is.

Photo & Video Sharing by SmugMug

Almost too cute to eat.



Almost.





Anyway, we had fun, and we did go sneak in to the park last weekend for an unusually warm January day. I figured if the runners could use the paths for exercise when the park is closed, we could nonchalantly, accidentally wander off the path and make sure the playground equipment was still up to snuff. It is, and you're welcome.

(cell pic)
Photo & Video Sharing by SmugMug

So what do you think of the new look? I was going for something smaller and simpler than the previous banner. Eventually I might add some rotating images in those boxes. I have plans now, so look for it in June, mmmkay?

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I don't know what your "old look" was, but your new one is great! The background is nice and subtle and goes well with your header. And yes, that cake is adorable!

Lucy_Plus_One said...

I love the new look. Beautiful family photo in the header too. :)

Eris1995 said...

The blog looks great! I love that cake!

Jennifer said...

I like the dismantling of the cake shots. Yummy! I do think your background and header go well together, it is a good feel for this time of year for sure.

Glinda said...

I like it!! (The blog header). However, really like the cake, too. Nice idea w/ the ring for Santa's face & all!