About Us

Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Being Easter People

Easter is my favorite holiday of the year. It's Spring and everything is new and joyful (even when it's pouring rain). I'm not just saying that as the wife of a Seminarian. I say I love Easter because I do, independent of whatever label I am given. There is the faith aspect of it, but I also love the secular fun of Easter too. If you've never read David Sedaris' explanation of Easter in France, complete with flying bells from Rome delivering candy, you're missing out. In fact, go out, buy "Me Talk Pretty One Day," thank me later.

Photo & Video Sharing by SmugMug



And what would Easter be without my little boy all dressed up in a jon-jon? Not nearly as cute, that's what.



I'm just gonna' plop down right here in the middle of the floor, while you goons go looking for what the Easter bunny, or the flying French bell, left behind. Suckers.







The Easter bunny brought Evan a broom. It's what he wanted. Definitely my kid.



Then things went awry and Evan got locked up. I never actually saw a person get grabbed by the collar like they do in the movies, until this moment.

Alright, Grandpa, let's negotiate.




Then my little con man found a fun new hiding place.



Busted, Grandma!





Happy Easter!

No comments: