About Us

Friday, May 22, 2009

Happy Mother's Day

Everyone asked me if this Mother's Day felt different since it was the first one I got to celebrate as a Mom. It did, but not in the way I expected. Last year there were no diapers to change. This year there were plenty. Last year I was just a few weeks away from delivery, but well rested and with no clue how many sleepless nights lay ahead. This year I know sleep deprivation all too well. Last year I was organized, Type A, and (almost) always rational. This year? Ha! Last year, I loved my Mom. This year, I love her even more, but I also have a profound new respect for her. That's probably been the biggest surprise - just how amazing and wonderful motherhood is. It's the only thing I know that feels some days like it might just kill me but that I embrace every day when I see Evan's smiling face (and his pouty one). I don't know if it's chemical, neurological or just instinct that kicks in, I just know it's awesome.


No comments: