About Us

Monday, June 1, 2020

Evan Is 12

12. The last of the kid years before we hit the teens. That just doesn't seem possible. When he was a toddler who still didn't sleep through the night, I never dreamed of 12! Let's be honest, I didn't dream much at all since he woke me up every couple of hours. Now I miss those days so, so much. Ok maybe not the exhaustion, but the joy of all things new. Before the rolling eyes and harumphing.

Evan has taken the Covid challenges in stride and for that I am grateful. He has friends he can play endless PS4 with, which definitely helps (how we will ever break this habit once normal life resumes is yet to be seen). By the summer, Evan was 5'1" and growing, much taller than Dan was at that age so I'm predicting he'll pass up both of us soon enough. There are clothes with tags still on them that I bought for the summer that he never got to wear before they were too short. And he's wearing the same size shoe as me now. How?!?!

We quickly scrambled and found a new bike since his old one was also too small. A Covid miracle, since it was a hot ticket item during the lockdown.



But he's not too old for backyard water fights with his little brother, or splashing around in the blow up pool.







Although it's hard to keep anything a surprise anymore, we did manage to do just that in getting him his first phone for his birthday. Keeping in touch with friends seemed even more important now that they can't be together in person.





Yes, he challenges us daily, but I wouldn't trade it for anything. I miss that baby boy, but I am so excited to see who he is growing into.





Happy birthday, Evan. We love you.

No comments: