About Us

Friday, October 5, 2012

Flash(way)back Friday: Riverside

I bought a Living Social deal a few months ago to Riverside, a local historic spot. As luck would have it, they were having a big event last month that involved a baseball game in period garb AND one of the teams was the Cincinnati Reds. Perfect for Dan. There's actually a league of these teams that travel around and play these games. I'm a little surprised Dan didn't try to sign up.

I have to admit, that's just about the best background for a game I've ever seen.

Photo & Video Sharing by SmugMug

Evan and I walked around to see some of the exhibitors, including a beekeeper. Evan didn't want to get near the bees, but he was pretty excited about the blanket of books and toys the keeper had for kids.



This kinda' stuff just calls for some black and white edits.

Photo & Video Sharing by SmugMug



Photo & Video Sharing by SmugMug

Photo & Video Sharing by SmugMug

I can't decide - color or b/w?

Photo & Video Sharing by SmugMug

Kids could participate in one of the archaeological excavations under way. My big kid enjoyed it too. I was the former archaeology student and ended up having to drag these two away.



This isn't really a flashback in our story, but it works for the theme I think.

Photo & Video Sharing by SmugMug

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

WOW that's a neat place & festival. I agree, I like the black & whites for the theme.