About Us

Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Bringing Chubby Back

I took Evan to the pediatrician yesterday.  Poor baby had a persistent rash below the belly button (or as he says, "Bee Bo!") that no amount of Aquaphor would make go away.  A quick diagnosis of contact dermatitis and some hydrocortisone was all that was needed.  But this little visit to the pedi revealed two other unexpected insights:

1)  His left ear tube has fallen out.  In under six months time, I might add.  Thankfully we're moving out of ear infection season and my fingers are crossed that we won't have to go through this again next winter.  Even if Evan's ENT is actually Dr. McSteamy.  We all really, really despise ear infections.

2)  Evan's bringing chubby back.  In fact, I'm thinking of ordering him this shirt:
I'm Bringing Chubby Back Organic Toddler T-Shirt
At 21 months, the Dude is 28.6 lbs - that's 69th percentile for weight.  And 33 inches tall - that's 34th percentile for height.  Short and Chubby.  But man does he make it look good.  Don't you agree?


















Yeah, that's a cookie in hand.  What of it?












"You lookin' at my chunkalicious thighs?"

3 comments:

Angie Kennedy said...

Do you have The Belly Button Book too? =)

Our boy has consistently been about 50th percentile for weight but 25th for height. I have never seen a t-shirt like that (it would have fit Ciarán to a T) but I think you should get it for Evan. He's so cute, he just makes me want to scoop him up and love on him! =)

Jen O. said...

We don't own the book, but we checked it out from the library a few months ago and Evan picked up on it.

For the past year Evan's been 50/50 on height and weight. I'm not sure why he chunked out in the past couple months, but it might have something to do with his favorite word - "Cookie!" :-) I love chunky babies!

Angie Kennedy said...

Evan's got good taste. Cookie is one of my favorite words too! ;)