About Us

Wednesday, November 25, 2009

Good Cuts and Bad Cuts

A couple of weeks ago, I got "that" call from day care. The one telling me that an hour after getting his school picture taken, Evan fell, hit a chair, and bit through (yes, through) his lip. I hadn't even set my things down at work, so I turned around and drove back to pick him up. For as bad as it sounded over the phone, it didn't look too bad. Imagine my surprise when the pediatrician instructed me that because the gash crossed the "vermilion line" (a fancy name for the border of your lip), he'd need to go to the ER to get stitches. I reiterate that ERs really, really need to offer parents a sedative along with the child for these kinds of things. It only took two male nurses, one straight jacket papoose, and an ER doctor with a healthy dose of patience to get the job done, and that was just for me! Ha! The stitches are out now and Evan is unfazed.

The war wound the day before the stitches were removed...



On a happier note, Evan got his first haircut last weekend. I thought I'd be the holdout on this one, but Dan was far more resistant. I admit, there is something final about it. As if it's officially saying goodbye to the baby period and ushering in toddlerhood. But it was time. My little boy was often mistaken for a little girl in public, despite living in the mullet capital of America. The stylist did a great job and Evan still has his curls.

Before...




During...






The result...

And Evan helps with clean up!


No comments: